Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Got champagne taste but a beer budget? Try this...

Reem, Oscar, Monique, Vera, Amsale, Jim, Ulla....**sigh** some of my favorite names when I was shopping for gowns.  But one look at the price tags on some of those gowns had me thinking that David wasn't such a bad name either {hah!}

But I am all about having my {wedding} cake and eating it too.  And I refuse to pay full price {$10k+} or settle for less {David}.  Especially because there are so many options out there for finding a high-end designer gown of your dreams for a "reasonable" price.  Take the annual Running of the Brides hosted by Filene's Basement {a bit extreme if you ask me} or the coveted sample sales or even consignment shops {some people never even get to wear their gown!}.  If there is a will there is a way.

The way may be getting even easier soon if The Aisle New York has anything to say about it.  The site hasn't officially launched yet, but it sounds fantastic.  On-line sample sales for high-end designer wedding gowns.  If you're not lucky {or unlucky} enough to live near a major metropolis, or don't want to brave the no holds barred real world sample sales, this site sounds like the perfect solution, or at least worth a peek.  As the company so aptly puts it:  Love. Shop. Wed.! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nia -Pat at Filene's Basement here. Just saw your post about The Aisle. For brides-to-be looking for desigher bargaings, it might be worth taking a look. And thanks for mentioning our Running of the Brides event as another way to get your dream dress without taking out a second mortgage. If any of your followers are interested, the next ROTB in NY is Feb. 18, 2011 at the Filene's Basement in Union Square, perfect timing for Valentine's Day engagements. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pat! I didn't get a chance to go when I was looking for my gown, but I hear ROTB is an experience not to be missed!

    ReplyDelete