Sunday, November 21, 2010

If you liked it then you shoulda....

I think the best part {okay maybe not THE best} about getting married is the jewelry; diamond jewelry to be specific.  There's something about the sparkle that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.  I mean who wouldn't say "Yes! Yes! YES!" At the sight of one of these!

Of course when my hubby asked me to spend forever with him I said "No! No!!"  But that's a story for another day.

There are so many deliciously beautiful diamond cuts, settings and even colors to choose from, it's so hard to choose just one.  Thank goodness you usually end up with 2 -- engagement ring and wedding band -- or even more if your lucky.  I'm of the belief that after getting some years under your belt you should be able to trade up.  I mean everyone expects to get bonuses, tips for good service right?  So why shouldn't we wives get bigger diamonds for making it to 10, 20 or 30+ years without strangling our hubbies?!?  Okay I'm being cheekish, but it's a nice idea. :)

So with that in mind and the hope my hubby might one day offer to enlarge my beautiful ring, I still like to peruse the engagement rings from time to time. 

I really love the ring above from Tacori.  I love Asher cut solitaires and I like the traditional lines of the band, and of course the fact that the band is covered in diamonds.  I like my rings to sparkle no matter what direction you view it from.

Engagement rings are a very personal style.  So ladies, don't leave it up to your intendeds. Leave very specific hints around for him to find: an open web browser with an image of the ring that you want;  an "errant" printed picture of your ring left on the printer.  Or better yet, send him anonymous emails from the jeweler or designer's websites. The more hints the better because remember Diamonds are forever....

No comments:

Post a Comment