Friday, September 24, 2010

Destination...Wedding



Fustic House
Barbados
A Butler, a Security Guard, a Chef, a Gardener, a House Manager and Housekeepers....now that's what I call wedding staff.  Destination weddings are all the rage now and Barbados is an idyllic locale.  For couples who want to go straight from the alter to a sun & sand honeymoon, or if you are faced with a 500+ potential guestlist and want to weed out all but your true friends and family; a destination wedding is perfect.
 
For an intimate wedding on the isle of Barbados, a villa is the perfect solution and Fustic House is the perfect villa.  Sitting on 11 acres, this estate is set up on the hill overlooking the Caribbean sea.  It is the ultimate in seclusion and an ideal setting for a private wedding and intimate reception in the splendid gardens designed by Todd Longstaffe-Gowan.

There are 7 luxuriously appointed suites with open-air showers spread throughout four separate wings.  During your stay you and your guests will be treated to exquisite meals made to your taste by the the head chef {I sampled his cuisine when I visited this house and it is superb; the best food I had while on the island}.  The best part of your stay, when you're not eating, is swimming in the Oliver Messel designed lagoon swimming pool, which is carved directly out of the coral ridge. . . Absolute perfection.

3 comments:

  1. This place is beautiful!! I previewed it when considering a destination wedding for a client (I am a Travel Agent). I even had lunch there prepared by the chef. Wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that I stopped breathing for the time it took to review this post.... simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! What a lovely place. The rooms are really awesome. My niece will be soon getting married at DC wedding venues. Planning to book a hotel room and lovely place for trip for the couple on honeymoon. They will really like this fabulous gift.

    ReplyDelete